GENE ONLINE|News &
Opinion
Blog

2022-10-14| M&A

Novo Nordisk Finally Finalizes their Billion Dollar Acquisition of Forma Therapeutics

by Max Heirich
Share To

Novo Nordisk completed its acquisition of Forma Therapeutics. Novo sought out Forma for its eye-catching portfolio of novel therapeutics for hematologic diseases and cancers. Announced at the start of September of this year, the deal’s worth is around $1.1 billion. With the acquisition’s completion, Novo is now the sole owner of Forma.

Related Article: Myovant Turns Down $2.4 Billion Buyout Bid From Sumitomo

The Completion of the $1.1 billion Acquisition

Forma Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company who has a portfolio divided between hematologic diseases and cancers. Their portfolio includes etavopivat, a therapy that increases hemoglobin oxygen capacity in sickle cell disease patients, and FT-7051, an inhibitor for prostate cancer. 

Because of its strong portfolio, Novo sought the acquisition of Forma. Announcing the deal on September 1, Novo declared their purchase of the biopharmaceutical pharmaceutical company for $20 per share in cash for a total of $1.1 billion. 

At the time, Frank D. Lee, President and Chief Executive Officer of Forma, said, “Today’s announcement is an exciting milestone that accelerates Forma’s purpose to transform the lives of patients with sickle cell disease and other serious haematological diseases. We look forward to working together with Novo Nordisk to serve as a trusted partner to our communities and to advance innovation, access and health equity for patients.”

As of October 13, Novo’s offer validly tendered 43,837,986 shares of Forma’s common stock without valid withdrawal. This amount represents 91.5% of Forma’s stock. The remaining 8.5% of the company’s stocks not tendered were canceled, resulting in a conversion to an offer of $20 per share without interest.

Novo Nordisk merged Forma into its subsidiary. Though the clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company retains its name, it is now accompanied by a subtitle “A Novo Nordisk Company,” signifying its new position as a wholly owned subsidiary of the company. As a result,the Nasdaq Global Select Market no longer lists or trades Forma.

©www.geneonline.com All rights reserved. Collaborate with us: service@geneonlineasia.com
Related Post
GeneOnline’s Pick: Top 10 M&A Deals in 2022
2022-12-28
M&A
Prenetics Announces Acquisition of ACT Genomics, Aiming for the Multi-billion Market of Precision Oncology
2022-12-21
European Commission Continues Fight with Illumina and Orders Grail Acquisition Divestment
2022-12-07
LATEST
Junshi’s PD-1 Antibody Meets Endpoint In Phase 3 Lung Cancer Trial
2023-01-19
Moderna Welcomes Phase 3 Win For RSV Vaccine
2023-01-18
Moving Beyond COVID With mRNA Technology
2023-01-18
Rob Knight and Jing-Yuan Fu Elaborate On Microbiome Research Trends at the 7th Asia Microbiome Conference(AMC)
2023-01-17
CARsgen Taps Huadong to Commercialize Multiple Myeloma CAR-T in China
2023-01-17
Scientists Study Imaging Probes in First-Ever Amputated Human Limb Model
2023-01-16
EMA Plans to Issue Liver Failure Warning for Novartis’ Gene Therapy
2023-01-16
Scroll to Top

Create an account with us now to say goodbye to all the pop-ups!