GENE ONLINE|News &
Terms and Conditions
Last updated: June 02, 2021
All content and functionality on the Site, including text, graphics, logos, icons, images, and videos and the selection and arrangement thereof, in addition to any concepts, know-how, tools, frameworks, software, applications or other technology, algorithms, models, processes, and industry perspectives underlying or embedded in the foregoing, along with any enhancements to or derivative works thereof (the “Site Content”) is the exclusive property of GeneOnline or its licensors and, to the extent applicable, is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Neither the Site Content nor functionality of the Site, may be copied, reproduced, modified, reverse engineered, altered (including the removal or disabling of any security or technological safeguards, disclaimers, or legends) uploaded, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without our written permission, except for those uses specified in Section 3 – Use of site content. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
- GeneOnline will process your subscription order as quickly as possible but there may be delays in activating your subscription.
- A subscription agreement will only be entered into between you and GeneOnline once GeneOnline has processed and verified your subscription order and provided you with access to the relevant parts of the Service (which may be immediately).
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to reject any subscription order (at any time and for any reason).
- Your subscription contract will be with GeneOnline.
Payment and Pricing:
- You must provide us with full and correct payment information.
- By submitting your subscription details to us (including payment information), you agree and promise that you are entitled and authorized to make the payment using those details.
- You agree to pay the subscription price specified at the time of your subscription order as well as any other additional charges (including any applicable taxes such as VAT or sales taxes).
- You also agree to the billing frequency for such payment specified at the time of your subscription order (e.g., monthly or annually). We will charge or debit your payment method at the beginning of your subscription, and we will bill you in accordance with the billing frequency specified at the time of your subscription order.
- We will specify the currency in which GeneOnline will bill you at the time of your subscription order. The currency will be determined by your subscription type and billing address.
- Any discounted or trial subscriptions will be specified at the time of your subscription order and cannot be changed during your subscription term. At the expiry of any discounted or trial period, your subscription will automatically renew at the full subscription price applicable at the time (unless you have cancelled your subscription prior to expiry of such discounted or trial period). Any subscriptions purchased as part of a discounted or trial offer may be subject to different cancellation policies, which will be specified at the time of your subscription order.
K. You may not subscribe to more than one trial or discounted subscription offer in any 18 month period. We are entitled to cancel your subscription (without providing a refund) if you exceed one trial or discounted offer in the previous 18 months.
m.We may change prices and charges at any time. We will notify you in advance of any price increases and will provide you with an option to cancel your subscription from the date the price increase takes effect. This does not apply to any changes in applicable taxes.
- We are not obliged to offer you access to the Service at a price we have provided in error. We will notify you of the error and provide you with an option to cancel your subscription and, if you have already made payment, provide you with a refund.
- Your subscription may not grant you access to all areas of the Service. Access to such areas may be subject to additional fees, terms, and conditions (which will be specified in such areas).
- You may also incur additional charges from third parties when accessing the Service (e.g., from banks, internet service providers, telecommunication service providers). You are responsible for any such additional charges. You will also be responsible for any costs we incur relating to the collection of unpaid charges.
- We reserve the right to use third parties in order to process payments. Such third party shall be solely responsible for all processing through its systems, and additional terms may apply to you in respect of such third party.
- We are entitled to immediately suspend or cancel your subscription if we do not receive payment authorization or if any authorization is later cancelled (e.g., if your credit card expires).
Cancellations and Renewals
- You are free to notify us of your intention to change or cancel your subscription by informing us at the My Account page.
- Please note that your subscription will only be changed or cancelled with effect from the date on which your current subscription period ends, provided that you notify us of your intention to change or cancel at least 7 days before the end of your current subscription period. You will not receive a refund for the current subscription period.
- By placing your order for your subscription in accordance with these Terms, you agree that we may start your subscription immediately upon our acceptance of your order and (to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law) you waive any statutory rights you may have to cancel our agreement after your order has been accepted.
- Following the end of your current subscription period, your subscription will renew automatically for the next subscription period unless it is cancelled at least 7 days before the renewal date in accordance with these Terms.
- You must ensure that you cancel your subscription ahead of any automatic renewals in accordance with these Terms if you would like to avoid any charges being payable in respect of the renewed subscription period.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your subscription for any reason and at any time (e.g., where you have breached these Terms, or events beyond our control). We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to issue refunds or credits.
The trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of GeneOnline and its licensors. You agree that, except as expressly permitted by us (e.g., through social media sharing tools provided on the Site) or by our licensors, where applicable, you will not refer to or attribute any information to GeneOnline or its licensors in any public medium (e.g., press release, websites, or public social media) for advertising or promotion purposes, or for the purpose of informing or influencing any third party and that you will not use or reproduce any Trademark of, or imply any endorsement by or relationship with, GeneOnline or its licensors.
Use of site content
GeneOnline hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license for the term hereof to access and download, display, and print one copy of the Site Content on any single computer solely for your internal, business use, provided that you do not modify the Site Content in any way (including creating derivative works thereof), that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices displayed on the Site Content, and that you otherwise comply with these Terms. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, reverse engineer, distribute, transmit, post, or disclose the Site Content without GeneOnline’s prior written consent. In addition, you may not “mirror” the Site Content or any portion thereof without GeneOnline’s express written consent. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting directly or indirectly, or by implication any license or right to use any GeneOnline intellectual property other than as expressly set forth herein. The license granted in this section terminates automatically and immediately if you do not comply with these Terms.
You acknowledge and agree that GeneOnline shall own and have the unrestricted right to use, publish, and otherwise exploit any and all information that you post or otherwise publish on the Site in postings, forums or message boards, questionnaire, survey responses, and otherwise, and you acknowledge and agree that, by providing us any such submission, you automatically grant, and hereby do grant, to us a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, assignable, sublicensable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license and right to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, modify and otherwise exploit such submission for any purpose, and in any form or media, not prohibited by applicable law. In addition, you hereby waive any claims against GeneOnline for any alleged or actual infringements of any rights of privacy or publicity, intellectual property rights, moral rights, or rights of attribution in connection with GeneOnline’s use and publication of such submissions.
You covenant that you shall not post or otherwise publish on the Site any materials that (a) are threatening, libelous, defamatory, or obscene; (b) would constitute, or that encourage conduct that would constitute, a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate law; (c) infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of any third parties; (d) contain a computer virus or other destructive element; (e) contain advertising; (f) constitute or contain false or misleading statements; or (g) violates these Terms.
GeneOnline does not represent or endorse the accuracy of reliability of information posted to the Site by users. In addition, GeneOnline does not and cannot review all information posted to the Site by users and is not responsible for such information. However, GeneOnline reserves the right to refuse to post and the right to remove any information, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Company.
The Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that You visit.
“AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” Disclaimer
The Service is provided to You “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the Company, on its own behalf and on behalf of its Affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Service, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice. Without limitation to the foregoing, the Company provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the Service will meet Your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
Without limiting the foregoing, neither the Company nor any of the company’s provider makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied:
(i) as to the operation or availability of the Service, or the information, content, and materials or products included thereon;
(ii) that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free;
(iii) as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information or content provided through the Service; or
(iv) that the Service, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of the Company are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, timebombs or other harmful components.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain types of warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to You. But in such a case the exclusions and limitations set forth in this section shall be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under applicable law.
The laws of the Country, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Terms and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
If You have any concern or dispute about the Service, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting the Company.
For European Union (EU) Users
If You are a European Union consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident in.
United States Legal Compliance
You represent and warrant that (i) You are not located in a country that is subject to the United States government embargo, or that has been designated by the United States government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and (ii) You are not listed on any United States government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org